The time to fight for the future of Arcata is now. We must work together to protect our Community and our way of life.
While I believe strongly that we need to take bold and innovative measures to create more housing for the many people who dream of living in Arcata, I’ll never support irresponsible planning and over-development of our City.
During my next four years I’ll also:
- Continue finding solutions for our homeless crisis
- Expand economic development opportunities and support our local businesses
- Support the creation of a world-class dog park
- Expand City beautification and improvements to street safety
- Work with Cal Poly Humboldt to ensure responsible growth that won’t negatively impact our neighborhoods
It always breaks my heart when I hear a Community Member lament about issues plaguing our Community, and then saying, “…but there’s nothing we can do about it.” Nothing could be farther from the truth! Together we have the power to protect what we value, and create the positive changes to our City that we all believe in.
I’ve worked and fought hard for this Community for the last 5 years, and with your vote, that’s what I’ll continue to do.
/s/ Brett Watson